vrijdag 31 juli 2009

pre-party songs

I'm totally addicted to making iPod playlists, so I've decided to put the ones I make up on my blog sometimes. Here's my playlist for when you're getting ready to go out, as I will be doing tomorrow. The most important thing about pre-party music is, apart from being slightly (or very) electronic, that they've got to have a certain additude (like when The Virgins whisper 'lets get together, and get it on' in One Week of Danger, or the Dandy Warhols claim they'd 'rather be cool than be smart'). In other words; songs that make you feel confident.

1. Perry Farrell - Go All The Way
'happy day / happy day / happy day / we're going all the way'
2. Soho Dolls - Bang Bang Bang Bang
'life at night is always finer / neon streets are full of lust'
3. t.A.T.u - How Soon Is Now?
'theres a club if you like to go / you could meet somebody who really loves you'
4. Timbaland - Bombay
'mere zindagi tere ho gayhe'. indiaas is sowieso gewoon opzwepend.
5. Vive la FĂȘte - Quatsch
'was sollen zie mit der Quatsch'
6. Britney Spears - Piece of Me
'I'm Mrs. Most likely to get on the TV for stripping on the streets'
7. The Dandy Warhols - Cool as Kim Deal
'I'd rather be cool than be smart'
8. Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round'
'you spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round'
9. Kissy Sell Out - Wind It Up (you have to check this one out, this is the most perfect one)
'you've got to let the beat get under your skin'
10. Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
'out of the doorway / the bullets rip / to the sound of the beat yeah / and another one bites the dust'
11. Santogold - Creator
'and I will deliver the explosion.'
12. Slagmalsklubben - Kom Igen Kommissarien
'bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep.'
13. The Virgins - One Week of Danger
'let's get together / and get it on / let's get much closer / before I'm gone'

1 opmerking: