dinsdag 16 juni 2009

my latest obsession

My obsessions probably change every week. So I'll try and post a new obsession every week, or more often, I think that'd be fun! (or not. If you think it'll be stupid, you know where to find the 'comments'-button ^^)
So, my latest obsession:

LUCKY FONZ III
I've been considering putting him in the daily shot of music for quite some time, but somehow I just can't begin to describe his music. And putting him in the music-section would also require selecting songs that people need to hear, and I just can't do it. All his songs are so damn gorgeous, I don't know where to start! (Oh, and his being so darn cute does have some influence on my obsession, I must admit.) And you'd have to hear them in the right order; his first album is quite different from his second and definetely different from his third, and if you like his third album you probably won't like his first any more, because it's so much more simple. 

So, if you have no idea who he is: Lucky Fonz III is a Dutch singer-songwriter who writs folksy, kind of romantic songs with great lyrics. His live act is a treat, because he's very cute and funny on-stage. His first (self-titled) album was really a folk album, with more traditional songs and loads of acoustic guitar; his second (Life Is Short) was more melancholic but also maybe a bit more approachable, and his third (A Family Like Yours) is more like a summer album with happier songs and a lot more instruments. 

A few (or more than a few, ahem) of my favourite songs: 
(if you'd like to see the vid, just click the fullscreen button)
The Beat

The Island


All My Days


The Mermaid


My Daughter


Jane on the Roof

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten