dinsdag 5 januari 2010

Lykke Li

I have developed a huge crush on Lykke Li. She herself is gorgeous, of course, but her music has this sort of dreamy quality that I've fallen in love with, and so I've been listening to her album for a week straight. The silly thing is that I've known about her music for more than a year, since she was at Lowlands in 2008, but only recently have I actually started listening. Look what I've been missing all this time:

(I'm Good I'm Gone)

My Love is my absolute favourite song by her:

Oh could it be I passed you by
a thousand times before
Not knowing who you were? 
I'm a bit of a sucker for poetry in songs, and so I always listen to the lyrics; and these are just sublime. Mind you, they might sound pretty melodramatic, but the melodies are always quite cheerful, so it's not some kind of emo music. My other favourites are:
Possibility
So tell me when you hear my heart stop
You're the only one who knows
Tell me when you here my silence
There's a possibility I wouldn't know
Window Blues
I sleep with windows open
I sleep with eyes wide
In case you would come walking
In case you change your mind
and Let It Fall
I like it salt, I like it wet
I like my make-up in a mess
So I cry hard, let if fall
And I won't stop until my tears are all shed

1 opmerking: